Medical conditions can be sudden and may require immediate treatment. However, at times we are confused about when to opt for urgent care and when to go to an emergency room. For instance, if you accidentally slice your thumb while chopping vegetables where will you go?
Well, this article provides you with some great pieces of information and understanding about the Emergency clinic and Urgent Care in New York.
When you should go to Urgent Care?
Urgent care clinic in New York is the professional clinics that provide medical aid and assistance for non-emergency situations. This clinic quickly addresses your medical issue and provides you with the appropriate treatment. These types of clinics are ideal when a mishap has happened out of business hours and the medical problem is non-life-threatening.
One can go to the urgent care clinic in New York if one experience any of the following:
- Minor fracture
- Back pain
- Minor headache
- Blood work like bleeding
- Bumps, cuts, and scrapes
- Sore throat
- Ear or sinus pain
- Animal bites
- Sprains and strains
- Foreign objects in the nose or eyes
- Minor burns
- Urine infection
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
When you should go to the emergency room clinic in New York?
Emergency Room in New York is an expert clinic specifically to treat emergencies and life-threatening medical conditions. The objective of an emergency room clinic is to provide adequate medical care and aid at the earliest to the patients.
If you are experiencing acute pain and stress then, you must visit the emergency room in New York.
Some emergency conditions include:
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of Vision
- Head Trauma
An emergency clinic in New York can enable one to get on-time medical assistance and prove to be a lifesaver.
Difference between urgent care clinic and emergency clinic in New York
- The severity of health issues: One of the major differences between urgent care clinics and emergency clinics is the severity of the medical condition. One must choose urgent care clinic for minor health and medical issues. The one that needs attention and care. Moreover, one must select an emergency clinic when the situation is out of control and the medical condition of the patient is severe. For immediate treatment, an emergency clinic in New York should be the preference.
- Operating Hours and staff availability: Urgent Care Clinic in New York is your primary caregiver. They give you the basic treatment required. They are ideal for minor medical conditions. The operating hours of urgent care clinics are usually 24/7. However, the medical staff at the Urgent care clinic includes general practitioners and physicians. On the contrary, an emergency clinic in New York has emergency specialists to instantly address the patient and commence the treatment.
- Wait time: The wait time at Urgent care clinic in New York can be under 30 mins. While at an Emergency clinic in New York, the wait time is minimal. These clinics follow a standard practice to ensure the patient does not have to wait for long. Medical aid and treatment are provided at the earliest.
- Cost: The cost of treatment at urgent care clinic in New York is affordable as compared to the emergency clinic.
- Location: Urgent care clinics are conveniently located in and around the city. Emergency clinics are scarce. There is very few reputed and leading emergency clinic in New York having easy access to advanced specialists.
- Infrastructure: When it comes to infrastructure and facilities, urgent care clinics can order basics tests and imaging requirements as well as develop some treatment plans. Yet, in comparison to the emergency clinic in New York, they fall short. The majority of the emergency clinic has in-house facilities such as blood testing, X-ray, scans, and much more.
- Medical specialists: Urgent Care clinics usually have a standard list of conditions treated. They have professional medical staff, physicians, nurse practitioners, and assistant doctors. Emergency clinic empanels advanced doctors and specialists in various areas such as cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, and much more. They can optimally deliver care and treatment for severe medical conditions.
The bottom line
On-time treatment can enable prove to be a boon. It can bring the situation under control and stabilize the condition of the patient. It is imperative to understand the difference between urgent care clinics and emergency clinics and select the most appropriate one in the need of an hour.